Prose, Writing Entries, Writings

Dreams and Coffee Talks

If we were having coffee, I would tell you about my dreams. I would tell you how I used to dream of being in a circus surrounded by lively music and people wearing colorful dresses and tunics, people that work together and bonded as family. I would tell you I dreamed of being a trapeze artist, always up high in the air, flying from loops to loops, light as air, and feet never touching the ground. I would tell you that I love heights. I love the feeling of falling and the feeling of excitement and hope it gives me, the hope that maybe when I jump, this time I would fly.

If we were having coffee, I would tell you that maybe I have a gypsy soul in me, the kind that can read palms and sees the future, the kind that is affected by the moon’s waxing and waning, the kind that would kiss a stranger because she has already met him in one of her dreams.

If we were having coffee, I would also tell you that I grew up shy, that I have soft bones, loose joints, and weak heart, and I am affected by loud noises and music. I would also tell you that my dreams are mostly nightmares, that my moods are worsts than the moon, and that I have seen him in my dreams, but when I met him, he’s already kissing someone else.

Pinterest | Tumblr | Instagram

6 Comments

imaginativeworks

August 6, 2016

Dreams and Coffee Talk, absolutely wonderful topic! Such a light and free read with a nice mix of mystical. I enjoyed your post completely, thank you.

mrsreckless

August 8, 2016

The last line. So powerful. This was a very enjoyable read!

Nancy

August 8, 2016

Wow. So beautiful and thought provoking.

Corina

August 8, 2016

Thanks for the coffee and the dreams! While reading it I was reminded of a dream I had involving my daughter-in-law a couple of weeks ago and it has been stuck in my mind, it hasn’t been forgotten as most of my dreams are. I need to look up the significance.

Suvi

August 8, 2016

What a beautiful post. it touched me. <3

littleaprilshower

August 8, 2016

Oh my gosh, Cynthia this is incredibly beautiful <3 I'm quite scared of heights so I wouldn't dare do what you used to dream of! I'm not sure if you've read it, but there's a book called The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and it's about magic/ illusion and dreams and it's based in a travelling circus, and your post reminded me of this because it's one of my favourite books. Such a lovely read, so flowy and light <3 I love the gypsy culture too.

Share your thoughts here