My friend Aiko and I are fond of trying Metro Deal vouchers (who doesn’t?). So one fine day, we decided to try the Ride-all-you-can day pass at Sky Ranch Tagaytay priced at P350.
How to get to Sky Ranch?
Sky Ranch is an amusement park located at Tagaytay City.
To get there, we rode a bus from the LRT1-Buendia-Taft Terminal going to Nasugbu. We asked to be dropped off to Olivarez Terminal since we went first to Picnic Groove and to know the whereabouts of our accommodation. From Picnic Groove, we rode a jeep that would pass by at Sky Ranch. You may visit the Sky Ranch official website for the other commute routes, and how to get there by car.
What are the rides and attractions?
Our voucher then includes only the following 14 rides, which are unlimited unless otherwise specified: Sky Eye, Super Vikings, Sky Cruiser (one-time ride), Mini Viking, Nessi Coaster, Express Train (one-time ride), Red Baron, Wonder Flight, Carousel, Flying Bus, Snail Attack, Jump Around, Log Coaster (one-time ride), Drop Tower (one-time ride).
Aside from the rides, Sky Ranch provides a good view of the Taal Lake and the Volcano.
This is the Sky Eye. The first ride that we have tried here. Sky Eye is claimed to be the 2nd tallest Ferris Wheel in the Philippines next to the Pampanga Eye (in Sky Ranch Pampanga). It comprises of 32 air-conditioned gondolas that can hold 3-4 persons each, and can lift you 207 feet of the ground.
Riding Sky Eye isn’t at all scary because of its enclosed gondolas, thus, making it child-friendly for me. It gives you a secured feeling that you would not just fall off all of a sudden.
Of course, our Sky Ranch experience wouldn’t be complete if we would not try all the rides available, no matter how childish it is. 🙂
So aside from Sky Eye, here are the child-friendly rides we have tried (in no particular order):
1. Flying Bus – this ride will take you up and down and round and round, but not to the point that you will be dizzy. It will give you just a slight tipsy merry feeling in your stomach. 😀 This flying bus can accommodate 24 persons at a time, or maybe 24 little persons.
We were the only passengers! 🙂
2. Red Baron – for the little pilots in you. And don’t you dare underestimate this one. This ride will move you up and down as it spins you around. This one really got me dizzy more than the extreme ones.
3. Wonder Flight – my favorite! Wonder flight is a mini-hot air balloon ride, that can accommodate 4 little guests per balloon. It will spin you 360 degrees, with an up and down motion too.
4. Carousel – what is an amusement park without carousel? This carousel ride has two floors and will allow you to ride on wooden horses and sleighs. And they have 4 sleighs and 24 horses! 😀
And this is my first time to ride a carousel! 😀
5. Mini-viking – we haven’t tried this one as it sits at the heart of the scorching sun, and we tried the much thrilling Super Viking instead. Anyway, this ride can accommodate 4-6 person.
6. Nessi Coaster – another favorite! We actually tried this twice or thrice. This is the roller coaster for the kids, compose of 5 carts that can accommodate as much as 20 little persons.
7. Snail Attack – we haven’t tried this one because this ride includes gunning water to your opponents/other riders. But I swear, this is one of the rides that looks so much fun. It will take you on a spin while being hosted with water, with that center frog spitting water in all directions. 😀
8. Express Train – why is this a one time ride only? I could sit all day in this express train. This train is a trackless one that goes around the whole Sky Ranch vicinity. It can accommodate 12-18 little persons per train. Each ride last around 10 minutes.
That ends the list of all child-friendly rides. These next rides are more thrilling, for the adrenaline junkies, and may require adult supervision:
1. Sky Cruiser – this ride will give you a wonderful view of the Taal volcano, and allows you to manually control the cart by pedaling it around the tracks which is way way way above the ground. They are requiring two persons in order to ride this cart because there were previous cases where the sole passenger gets tired pedaling and cannot go back to starting point.
2. Super Viking – another favorite! 😀 This is the same with any other vikings out there, it’s an open seated gondola that will swing you back and forth until you are out of your wits and your intestines are screaming stop but your mind is blissfully on high with adrenaline. It can accommodate a total of 45 persons (5 persons per row) and the rides last for around 5 minutes but feels like forever.
3. Log Coaster – this is the roller coaster for teens to young adults, and for the weak hearted full blown adult. 😀 It is your normal high-speed roller coaster, consists of 6 carts and can accommodate up to 24 persons.
4. Drop Tower – another favorite too! Maybe, my most favorite of all. And the must try of all. This ride will lift you up, up, and up, and above until you are seeing the whole Sky Ranch area, then will drop you off suddenly (gaya nung iniwan ka nya, chus) and bounce you up and down, while being rotated 360 degrees around.
So that’s about it. We haven’t tried the Jump Around as the area was under construction at that time. There are other activities/games at Sky Ranch too that you could try and wherein you could win this cute minions.
Overall, Sky Ranch is a good place for families to bring their kids with for recreation as most of the rides are catered to children up to teens. If you’re an adult wanting to just have some fun and cast all your worries for the day to feel like a kid again, it’s a good place to do so too! 😉 And oh, the staff there are all super nice to us too! 🙂