On Dreams, Prose, Random Thoughts, Writing Entries, Writings

Take me to the sky

There’s something about rooftops and heights and buildings that makes me want to live, and jump, and die, and laugh, and fall in love, and cry, all at the same time.

I’m in love with heights. I love the scenic view of anything from above. No matter what it is, even if it’s just a view of garbage pile, I don’t really mind as long as I’m on up above, above the world’s care, above the people’s chatter below, above the lines of honking cars that piles up creating the typical Monday traffic.

I guess it’s the peaceful feeling that comes with it. Of being above. The kind of peace that makes all the noises and voices in my head stop. And I crave for that feeling, that feeling of stillness and of calm nothingness.

So it’s not too much to ask I guess
to be on the world’s highest building
on a windy cold midnight
and with the moon shining in the clear sky
then waking up the next day
with nothing but a vague feeling
tugging at my heart
for the rest of my life.

Maybe, I have been already in that place. That place that haunts me on my sleep when I was young, that special place that I haven’t been on yet but am familiar like the back of my hand, a place I don’t even know if it exists.

And sometimes when the vision persists you can’t help but wonder if it happened in some past lives or some dream that you can’t remember anymore.

– – –

Inspired by #FWF Free Write Friday: Ponder This…

25 Comments

heidi

July 13, 2013

This was a lovely reaction to the prompt.

projectechoshadow

July 14, 2013

I have a similar place but it’s a tundra and a cliff, overlooking a partially frozen sea. It chills to the bone yet feels so free.

• Pingback: Free Write Friday #24: Ponder This… | catnipoflife

catnipoflife

July 14, 2013

Kellie’s free writes certainly get the creative juices flowing. It is always so wonderful to see the different perspectives each writer takes on the prompt. Loved this one! Leaned me toward a different view of being in high places!

Pink Woods

July 14, 2013

Thank you for the appreciation! πŸ™‚ Kellie’s prompts are indeed helpful.

Kellie Elmore

July 14, 2013

Your reply, like the prompt, is a thinker. So much to ponder in your words. How does she feel, why does she feel that way, yet…I feel my own self there on the building with a tinge of fear blended with excitement and hope. Surreal. Love this. Thank you.

Pink Woods

July 14, 2013

Oh thank you so much Kellie! You just don’t know how much your words and the FWF community inspired me more to write. Thank you! πŸ™‚

Kellie Elmore

July 14, 2013

I am so very happy to have been a part in inspiring your pen. Keep writing…always! xox

A. I. Sajib

July 16, 2013

I don’t think I’m too comfortable with the height of rooftops. πŸ˜› I always feel like something will push me off. πŸ˜•

Pink Woods

July 16, 2013

I don’t blame you..most people are afraid of heights. πŸ™‚

A. I. Sajib

July 16, 2013

Thanks to your post I had a nightmare about heights. :/ Weird.

A. I. Sajib

July 16, 2013

Apology denied. πŸ˜› You have to amuse me with something…a cute little fiction perhaps πŸ˜€

buildingalifeofhope

July 17, 2013

Ah! The feeling of living a past life! I am not a fan of heights per se but I do l love to climb mountains and take in the view at the top. For me this is a heavenly and spiritual experience.

Pink Woods

July 17, 2013

True! I love heights..it makes me feel closer to heaven. πŸ™‚

sitateofani

July 23, 2013

are we twin? or you are my soul doppelganger? cuz i am crazy bout height, i never let any fence left without being climbed when i was a kid, love to hide on the small high dove’s wooden house, which was about 3 m high to climb πŸ™‚
    in contrary depth freaks me out, yet i keep challenging my self, jumping from a cliff into the ocean, awesome feeling once you fell into the water.

Pink Woods

with nothing but a vague feeling
    tugging at my heart
    for the rest of my life.

B E A U T I F U L

Pink Woods

August 20, 2013

Thanks!! and thanks for all the likes and comments. πŸ™‚ That means a lot. I’m glad you appreciate it.

Share your thoughts here